Missing Teeth » Conscious Sedation
Our patients have told us that they always feel relaxed and comfortable at North House and we do pride ourselves on providing this environment. Non-medical relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and meditative music will of course always be available to you but sometimes this may not be enough if you are feeling very anxious.
All anxious and nervous patients are welcome to North House. We have successfully treated many patients whose fear of dentists has prevented them from having the care that they truly deserve, leading to deterioration of their oral health and confidence. These patients now are able to look forward to their visits as they are confident that they will be looked after in the hands of a trusted and experienced team.
Patients can be anxious for many reasons including a past bad experience, fear of pain, injections or drilling, embarrassment of their dental condition or just a general anxiety associated with dentists, which is also known as white coat syndrome.
Here at North House, we work in conjunction with Sedation Solutions who are a specialised leading provider of conscious sedation for medical and dental procedures in the UK.
Conscious sedation is the safe and effective administration of drugs that safely relieve anxiety, increase relaxation, make the patient comfortable and reduce pain. Many procedures can be performed safely, efficiently and effectively using conscious sedation.
Goals of conscious sedation:
- Maximise your safety and comfort
- Minimise your discomfort and anxiety
- Maximise success of the procedure
- Minimise your recovery time
- Maximise cost effectiveness of your treatment
- Improve dental health and confidence
- Encourage regular care
Benefits of sedation
- Comfortable, practical, co-operative and convenient for you and the surgeon
- Safe due to lower levels of medication administered
- Time saving due to your quick recovery and no need for hospital admission
- Economical since no hospital stay, less side effects, and minimal time off work